Manchester United’s pro soccer star forward Wayne Rooney was able to score a brace to help the team to defeat West Bromwich at home when they played their 28th game of the 2011-2012 season of the Barclays Premier League. The home side Manchester United dominated the game by holding on to the ball for at least more than 60% of the 90 minutes. Combative midfielders Paul Scholes and Michael Carrick were present in the formation which was deployed by aging Sir Alex Ferguson. Mexico’s Javier Hernandez started the match to handle an offensive role for the Red Devils and was not subbed.
Swedish defender Jonas Olsson was unlucky during the 66th minute of the match as he was sent off. Wayne Rooney had converted a penalty kick during the 71st minute after netting a goal for the Red Devils during the 1st half of the match. The performance of the Red Devils placed the team 1 point above rivals Manchester City.
Manchester United 2 – 0 West Bromwich Albion
|23(8)||Shots (on Goal)||7(3)|
|65%||Time of Possession||35%|
|David De Gea||G|
|West Bromwich Albion|
- Manchester United From Away Smash Manchester City
- Wayne Rooney Scores a Goal From a Penalty Kick Against West Ham United
- Ferguson: Rooney May Leave Manchester United
- Manchester Scores 2 Goals to Punish Schalke in Germany in a UEFA Champions League Game
- Manchester Soccer Stars Fail to Beat Everton F.C. by Scoring More Goals