There is a huge chance that the EPL side Arsenal F.C. may be able to punish FC Barcelona in England when the two teams meet on 16 February, 2011 to execute their first leg match of the UEFA Champions League knockout stage. Tottenham Hotspur were able to beat AC Milan by scoring just a lone goal when the two teams met at San Siro on 15 February, 2011. Perhaps, the Italian Serie A side were complacent and their defenders thought Peter Crouch was not going to score a goal in Italy. AC Milan were expected to win the match but soccer is a very unpredictable sport these days and the way they played against Tottenham did not help them. Arsenal are an English side just like Tottenham Hotspur and if French boss Arsene Wenger can utilize his players correctly, they will be able to remain triumphant over Barcelona.
Currently, Barcelona have been struggling in Spain and have lost or drew in some Spanish Primera Division games they should have won. Lionel Messi and David Villa are powerful strikers who can cause troubles in England but Arsenal can play defensive soccer as they possess some brilliant defenders. Arsenal won its last EPL game against Wolverhampton Wanderers but Sporting Gijon held Barcelona in a 1-1 draw at El Molinón stadium on February 12, 2011.
Arsenal 1-0 Barcelona
- Teams to Make it Out of the Group Stages of the UEFA Champions League
- UEFA Champions League: Manchester and Valencia Win But Inter Milan Lose
- Manchester United Fail to Beat Rangers at Home in a UEFA Champions League Match
- United Fail to Beat Valencia in Their UEFA Champions League Encounter
- Inter Milan, Manchester United, Barcelona & Schalke Win But SV Werder Bremen Draw